Friday, December 17, 2010

The Cookie that Almost Nearly Was, But then Suddenly... Wasn't

Tonight I made midnight cookies. You know, the cookies you bake at 11:30 at night because you absolutely need those effing cookies or else--oh my god--there is no way you will be able to sleep because it's the lack of sugar that's keeping you from sleeping. Naturally. Of course. That makes perfect sense.

It was bad.

Usually I can justify the "badness" of any baking disaster by saying that while it may have looked and smelled awful, it tasted delicious. That was not the case here. These "oatmeal cookies" tasted like Ebola and looked like a festering buboes.

There will be no pictures of this incident. Instead, I will share with you this lovely picture of a ladybug on a leaf.

And a random crazy person on a beach.

Exciting.

However, I should mention that I wore black leggings with thick wool leg warmers today. Felt like I belonged in Flashdance. Maybe people even thought that I might be a dancer. Possess some grace... elegance... poise... The leg warmers obviously gave me a false sense of security that could not be met by the late hour and extreme exhaustion.

I will wear them again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment